Cabbage and Radish Slaw with Peanut Dressing
The peanut dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container up to four days; bring it to room temperature before using. You can let this slaw stand for up to one hour after dressing it; if you do so, stir in the peanuts and red radishes just before serving so they stay crunchy.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rice-wine vinegar (not seasoned)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 small green cabbage, (about 1 3/4 pounds), finely shredded
- 1 medium daikon radish, cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks
- 16 red radishes, halved lengthwise and cut into thin half-moons
- 4 scallions, cut on the diagonal into long, thin slices
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
Blend ginger, shallot, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and oil in a blender until smooth; set aside.
Put cabbage, daikon radish, red radishes, scallions, and peanuts in a large serving bowl. Pour in peanut dressing; toss thoroughly to combine.