Under 30 Minutes
Chopped Salad with Tuna
The secret to making a great chopped salad is to cut the ingredients into chunks that are all the same size and to include contrasting textures. Instead of using tuna, try leftover cooked chicken.
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce (about 1 pound), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna in oil, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup black olives (about 20), such as Kalamata, Gaeta, or Nicoise, pitted and slivered
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh curly parsley, coarsely chopped
Place vinegar in a large salad bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking to emulsify.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and toss well to combine.