Sirloin and Vegetable Kebabs
These kabobs require little preparation and give maximum satisfaction.
- Servings: 4
Photography: BEATRIZ DA COSTA
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 1998
- 4 teaspoons whole coriander seeds, finely ground
- 4 teaspoons anise seeds, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, fat trimmed, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 20 small white button mushrooms (10 ounces)
- 12 red pearl onions (3 ounces), peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat a grill or grill pan. Place ground coriander and anise seeds in a medium bowl. Add garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, and 1/4 cup olive oil. Season marinade with salt, and stir until combined. Add sirloin cubes, and stir to coat.
In a medium bowl, combine mushrooms, onions, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Divide steak among 4 skewers; thread, leaving 1/2 inch between each cube. Divide vegetables among another 4 skewers; thread.
Grill the sirloin kebabs until well browned and medium rare, and grill the vegetable kebabs until glistening, tender, and slightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes for both. Serve on the skewers.