Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Nuts
This side dish pairs well with pan-roasted fish or roasted beef or chicken.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2009
- 4 medium beets (1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed and unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Individually wrap 4 beets in foil. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender when pierced with a paring knife, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool. Rub beets with paper towels to remove skins and cut into small wedges.
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley. Toss beets with dressing. Serve topped with blue cheese and walnut pieces.