Baby Spinach Salad with Tuna
The three components of this salad can be readied ahead of time and later mixed together for a healthful lunch. For the freshest tasting salad, open the can of tuna right before serving.
Source: Everyday Food, May 2006
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 ounces baby spinach (about 3 cups, loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 1 can (3 ounces) chunk light tuna packed in water
- Flatbreads, for serving (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, Dijon, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Place dressing in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container. Place spinach, grapes, and onion, if using, in another airtight container (separate from dressing). Refrigerate, up to overnight.
Just before serving, drain tuna, add to salad, and toss with dressing. Include flatbreads, if desired.