Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Walnuts
For many, it's the dishes served alongside the turkey that make the meal -- these Brussels sprouts have been sauteed in butter and garlic and tossed with lemon and walnuts.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2005
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, stem ends trimmed and scored with an X
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; insert steamer rack. Add Brussels sprouts; steam until bright green and just tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in Brussels sprouts; cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon juice and walnuts.