Barbecue Pork Sandwiches with Cabbage Slaw
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2006
- Quick BBQ Sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins, 12 to 16 ounces each
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- 5 cups finely shredded green cabbage (half a 2-pound cabbage)
- 4 potato rolls, or other soft sandwich rolls
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Divide Quick BBQ Sauce between two bowls. Use one for basting the raw meat; reserve the other for serving with sandwiches.
Place pork on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Brush generously with sauce. Roast, basting occasionally with sauce, until an instant-read thermometer registers 150 degrees, 18 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, make slaw: In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Mix in cabbage.
Thinly slice pork; serve on rolls, accompanied by slaw and reserved sauce.