Under 30 Minutes
Chicken Salad and Havarti Cheese Wrap
Put this satisfying workweek sandwich together tonight, and roll out the door in a flash tomorrow. Havarti, a mild semisoft cheese from Denmark, makes this chicken-filled wrap super creamy. By assembling the wraps with layers of ingredients, you're guaranteed to get chicken, cheese, and spinach in every bite.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half (6 to 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 shallot, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 spinach-flavored sandwich wraps (12-inch)
- 6 thin slices Havarti cheese (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 cup baby spinach, washed and dried
In a small skillet with a lid, bring 1 inch salted water to a boil. Add chicken. Cover, and cook over medium-low heat, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let steam, still covered, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes; remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, thinly slice crosswise.
While chicken is cooking, stir together mayonnaise, shallot (if using), mustard, vinegar, and thyme in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken, and toss to coat.
Lay sandwich wraps on a work surface. Leaving a 1-inch border all around, layer with cheese, spinach, then chicken mixture.
Fold in sides by about 1 inch, then roll up tightly from the bottom. Wrap each tightly in plastic or waxed paper. Refrigerate up to 1 day.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2007