Warm Potato-Veggie Salad
Pair this delicious veggie-packed potato salad with our Honey-Soy Glazed Chicken for a dinner the whole gang is sure to stick around for.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: David Loftus
Source: Everyday Food, November 2005
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with water by 1 inch, and add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. With a wire skimmer or slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a large bowl (reserve water in pot).
To the simmering water, add green beans, and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and add to potatoes, along with mayonnaise, vinegar, scallion, and carrot. Toss to combine, and lightly mash; season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.