Pacific Pork Kebabs with Pineapple Rice
Tropical Hawaii inspired our grilled pineapple-glazed pork and bell-pepper skewers.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2007
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for grates
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained and coarsely chopped (juice reserved)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (from a peeled 1/2-inch piece)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
Heat grill to medium; lightly oil grates. Cook rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk honey and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice; season with salt and pepper.
Alternately thread pork and bell peppers onto skewers; season with salt and pepper. Grill, brushing occasionally with honey mixture, until pork is cooked through and peppers begin to char, 10 to 15 minutes.
To rice, add pineapple chunks, scallions, ginger, and oil. Season with salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork. Serve kebabs with rice and lime wedges.