Under 30 Minutes
Stuffed Piquillo Peppers with Goat Cheese
Sweeter and smokier than regular roasted red bell peppers, piquillos form an ideal shell for tangy, creamy goat cheese speckled with scallions and mint.
- 16 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 jar (7 ounces) piquillo peppers (about 15 peppers), drained, liquid reserved
- 2 lemons
- Spring onions, for garnish (optional)
Place goat cheese, scallions, mint, red-pepper flakes, and reserved piquillo liquid in a bowl. Zest and then juice lemons into the bowl, straining seeds. Mix until well combined.
Using a small spoon, fill each pepper with about 2 tablespoons of the goat cheese mixture. Alternatively, pipe the mixture into the peppers. Place on a serving plate, and sprinkle with red-pepper flakes; garnish with spring onions if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, about 1 hour.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2008