Chicken with Artichokes and Angel Hair
Pantry staples, chicken, and fast-cooking pasta add up to an impressive 25-minute meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2009
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts packed in water, rinsed, drained, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons rinsed and drained capers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces angel-hair pasta
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Place flour in a shallow dish, and season with salt and pepper. Dredge cutlets, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Cook chicken in batches, adding remaining oil as needed, until light golden, 1 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a dish.
Add broth to skillet, and bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add artichokes, capers, and the chicken with any juices. Gently swirl to combine, and bring just to a boil. Remove skillet from heat. Swirl in butter, and cover to keep warm.
Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente; drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta, topped with parsley.