For more crunch, serve coleslaw immediately; otherwise, let stand in the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours or overnight for the vegetables to wilt.
- Servings: 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2000
- 1/2 cup Homemade Mayonnaise, or prepared
- 1/4 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 head white cabbage, (about 2 1/2 pounds), finely sliced
- 3 assorted bell peppers, such as red, orange, and green, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh chives, cut into 3-inch lengths
Place mayonnaise, vinegar, water, sugar, cayenne pepper, and dill seed in a medium bowl, and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Combine cabbage, peppers, and chives in a large bowl. Add the reserved dressing, and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.