This great coleslaw recipe was adapted from the July/August 1999 issue of Martha Stewart Living. It is a wonderful side dish for any barbecue or picnic, especially if you serve fried chicken.
- Servings: 12
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 small green cabbage, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
In a large bowl, toss together purple and green cabbage. Add sugar, salt, and pepper. Allow mixture to stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Add olive oil and rice vinegar. Toss to combine; check seasoning and serve.