Spicy Molasses Glaze
Brush on fish, chicken, and burgers.
- Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 serrano chiles or jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Whisk molasses, garlic, chiles, ginger, pepper flakes, and oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Keep sealed at room temperature up to 1 week.