Endive Spears with Herbed Goat Cheese
Herbed goat cheese with chopped dill and an olive oil drizzle pairs perfectly with crisp endive spears for an appetizer, and can also be served on hearts of celery or your favorite crisp crackers.
- Servings: 8
- Yield: Makes about 24
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2006
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated (about 24 leaves)
- Cracked black pepper
Stir together goat cheese, cream, and oil in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in chopped dill. Spoon the cheese mixture onto stem ends of endive leaves, dividing evenly. Transfer to a serving platter. Season with pepper, and drizzle with oil. Garnish with dill sprigs. Serve immediately.