Grilled Steak with Tomatoes and Scallions
In just 20 minutes, prepare affordable, flavorful flat-iron steaks with a grilled topping of sweet tomatoes and savory scallions.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2009
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grates
- 4 flat-iron steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 bunches scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Heat grill to high. Clean and lightly oil hot grates. Season steaks with salt and pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a plate, tent with foil, and let rest.
Meanwhile, place a double layer of foil or a grill topper on grill. Top with tomatoes and scallions; drizzle with oil. Grill until tender and lightly charred, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a bowl, toss with vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Top steaks with vegetables.