Chicken-Sausage Rolls with Crunchy Relish
Take advantage of high-quality, pre-cooked sausage when you're planning meals for busy weeknights -- paired with this zesty relish, it's a real winner.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2009
- 1 package (12 ounces) precooked chicken sausages
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 dill pickle, chopped, plus 2 teaspoons pickle brine
- 1/2 red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), chopped
- 1 small kirby cucumber, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 hot dog buns
In a medium nonstick skillet, cook sausages and honey over medium, turning occasionally, until sausages are browned and juices have thickened to a glaze, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together pickle and brine, bell pepper, and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper.
Tuck sausages into buns, and top with relish.