Tortilla Pie with Chicken
Make this one-pot dish with leftover dark meat from our Simple Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2009
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch), toasted
- 2 cups cooked, shredded dark-meat chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups Green or Red Salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (6 ounces)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an 8-inch square baking dish, layer 4 tortillas, 1 cup chicken, cup chiles, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/3 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup cheese; repeat once. Top with remaining tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. Bake until top is browned and bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes.