Jerk Chicken Wings
Jerk is a Jamaican spice paste that usually includes scallions, habanero chile (also called Scotch bonnet), and allspice. Adjust the amount of chile to suit your taste.
- 12 scallions, tops and bottoms trimmed, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1 habanero or 2 jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves
- 4 teaspoons ground allspice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 pounds chicken wings, cut in half at joint
- Lime wedges, for serving
In a food processor, pulse scallions, garlic, bay leaves, habanero, vinegar, thyme, allspice, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 tablespoons pepper until coarsely ground. In a large shallow dish, toss chicken with jerk mixture and refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken on foil-lined rimmed baking sheets and cook until browned, 35 to 40 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Serve with lime wedges.