A perfect complement to a main course.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- 1/4 to 1/2 green cabbage, cored and shredded (3 cups)
- 3 carrots, coarsely grated (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and jalapeno. Drizzle with oil and lime juice. Add cilantro and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 hours to allow flavors to develop.