Roasted Root-Vegetable Pizza
- Olive oil
- 1 pound Basic Pizza Dough, or store-bought pizza dough, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 6 cups (about 1/2 recipe) Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 475 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Brush a large rimless baking sheet with oil. Gently stretch dough into 12-by-16-inch oval (or as large as will fit on baking sheet); transfer to prepared sheet.
Sprinkle dough evenly with half the mozzarella. Scatter vegetables on top, then dollop with ricotta; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and the rosemary, if desired. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake rotating sheet from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until crust is golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
SourceEveryday Food Fresh Flavor Fast, 2010