Under 30 Minutes
Tilapia and Quinoa with Feta and Cucumber
Protein will keep you full longer, and this recipe has two lean sources of it.
- 1 cup quinoa
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless tilapia fillets, divided into 8 pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup English cucumber (6 ounces), diced small
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup feta (1 1/2 ounces), crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
In a small saucepan, bring quinoa, 2 cups water, and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil over high. Reduce to a medium simmer and cook until water evaporates, about 15 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a medium bowl and let cool 5 minutes.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Pat fish dry and season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with paprika. Cook fillets until opaque throughout, about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through. Stir cucumber, dill, feta, 1 teaspoon oil, and lemon juice into quinoa. Season with salt and pepper. Divide quinoa among four plates and top with fish.
SourceEveryday Food, April 2010