Roast Chicken with Zucchini, Carrots, and Onions
This light meal is almost entirely hands-off, leaving you extra time at the week's end.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2010
- 2 pounds zucchini, halved crosswise and quartered lengthwise
- 3/4 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-by-4-inch pieces
- 2 medium red onions, quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Reserved chicken breasts and pan sauce from Tangy Chicken with Orzo Pilaf
Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread vegetables on two rimmed baking sheets and roast until tender and golden, 30 to 35 minutes. About 20 minutes into cooking, place chicken and sauce in a small baking dish, cover with foil, and bake alongside vegetables until heated through, about 15 minutes. Slice chicken and serve with vegetables and sauce.