Roasted Pork Club with Scallion Mayonnaise
Use leftovers from Roasted Pork Loin with Black-Bean and Sweet-Potato Salad to make this super sandwich.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2007
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 scallions, minced
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, lightly toasted
- 3/4 pound roasted pork, room temperature, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese (3 to 4 ounces total)
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, turning once, 6 to 10 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and scallions; season with salt and pepper.
Place bread on a work surface; spread one side of each slice with mayonnaise mixture. Layer 4 slices with pork and avocado; layer 4 other slices with sprouts, bacon, and cheese. To assemble sandwiches, stack layers; top each with 1 remaining slice. Spear sandwiches with toothpicks, then halve with a serrated knife. Serve with dill pickle spears, if desired.