Romaine with Creamy Garlic Dressing
Pair this garlicky salad with Barbecued Chicken on Garlic Toast.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2007
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed through garlic press
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (optional)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium heads romaine lettuce
Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and 2 tablespoons water. Stir in oregano, if using; season with salt and pepper.
Remove dark-green outer leaves from each head of romaine, leaving just the paler-green hearts. (Reserve outer leaves for another use.) Halve hearts lengthwise. To serve, drizzle romaine with dressing.