Stuffed Turkey Breast
What's better than turkey with stuffing? Turkey with stuffing wrapped in bacon, of course.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, September 2005
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 (about 1 3/4 pounds) boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 4 slices (4 ounces) bacon
- 1 pound white potatoes, well scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 (about 8 ounces) carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
In a small bowl, combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slice breast almost in half horizontally, leaving it attached on one side. Open like a book; season inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff turkey (below) with herb mixture; cover with bacon slices, tucking ends under the turkey.
Combine potatoes, carrots, and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe dish. Place turkey on top. Cover, and cook on high 15 minutes.
Stir vegetable mixture; return dish to microwave. Cook, uncovered, until turkey is 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer (juices should run clear when meat is pierced with a knife) and vegetables are tender, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let turkey rest 5 minutes before slicing crosswise and serving with vegetables.