Spoon granita into salt-rimmed glasses, cocktail style. Rub rims with a lime wedge (or dip in water); then dip in a shallow bowl of coarse salt.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, May 2005
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Coarse salt
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
In a medium saucepan, cook 3 3/4 cups water and sugar over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in lime zest and juice, tequila, and orange juice. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Pour mixture into a shallow dish; cool, then cover tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze until set, 6 hours or overnight. Using the tines of a fork, scrape mixture until flakes form. Freeze (covered) until ready to serve. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.