Wonton Cups with Cream Cheese and Chutney
When the usual hors d'oeuvres get boring, try these easy wonton cups for a change of pace.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 12
Source: Everyday Food, April 2006
- 12 rectangular (3 1/2-by-3-inch) wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bar (3 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup jarred mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 walnut halves, broken into pieces
- Sliced chives, or scallion (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stack wonton wrappers and, using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut into rounds. Working with 3 rounds at a time (and keeping the remaining covered with a damp towel), spread them out on a work surface; brush one side of each wrapper with oil.
Tuck rounds into nonstick mini-muffin cups, oiled side up; press down to fit into bottom and sides. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly before removing.
In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, chutney, and mustard. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cream-cheese mixture into each cup; garnish with chives, if desired, and walnut pieces. Serve.