Chinese Noodles with Sesame Dressing
Liven up a noodle side dish with a dressing made with fresh cilantro, lime juice and sesame oil.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, April 2004
- 1 package (8 ounces) thin Chinese noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain; rinse under cold water until completely cool. Transfer to a large bowl; toss with vegetable oil. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, red pepper, and cilantro.
Pour over noodles; season with salt and ground pepper. Toss, and serve.