Rice flavored with scallions and sesame seeds pairs nicely with roasted chicken or fish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2003
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup long-grain rice, (not converted)
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
In a medium saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups water with 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook until rice is almost dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, until completely dry, 10 to 15 minutes.
Fluff with a fork; toss with scallions, sesame seeds, and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.