Our Favorite Turkey Burger
These tasty burgers incorporate cheese and mustard in the patty, rather than on top.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (93 percent lean)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Heat grill to high. In a medium bowl, use a fork to gently combine ground turkey with Gruyere, scallions, breadcrumbs, mustard, and garlic; season generously with salt and pepper. Gently form mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties.
Lightly oil grill. Place patties on hottest part of grill; sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move patties to cooler part of grill; continue grilling until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes per side.