Shrimp and Snap-Pea Salad with Ginger Dressing
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2008
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, stem ends removed (and, if necessary, strings)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined frozen medium shrimp, thawed
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook snap peas until bright green, about 2 minutes. Reduce to a simmer, and add shrimp; cook until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Drain, and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking; set aside.
Make dressing: In a blender, combine scallion whites, oil, lime juice, carrot, ginger, and cup water; blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, bell peppers, scallion greens, snap peas, and shrimp. Serve salad with dressing on the side or drizzled over the top.