Under 30 Minutes
Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Israeli Couscous
Transform an ordinary chicken breast and spinach into an exotic dinner for one with just a few quick twists.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 chicken breast half (6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil over medium. Add couscous; cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is almost absorbed, about 6 minutes. Add spinach, and cook until couscous is tender, 1 minute. Stir in almonds, and set aside.
Sprinkle chicken with garam masala; season with salt and pepper. In a small skillet over medium-low, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add chicken; cook until opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Slice chicken; serve with couscous.