Healthy Grilled Tilapia with Cherry Salsa
Cherries aren't only for jams and pies -- these juicy, ruby-red summer beauties are ripe for the picking in a refreshing salsa that tops simple grilled fish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2008
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grill grates
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) Bing cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile (ribs and seeds removed), minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. In a medium bowl, combine cherries, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine; set salsa aside.
In a small bowl, stir together coriander, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub tilapia all over with oil; sprinkle with spice mixture.
Grill tilapia until opaque around the edges and underside loosens easily from grill, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a metal spatula with a thin blade, flip fish; continue to cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve tilapia topped with cherry salsa.