Under 30 Minutes
Steamed Cod with Ginger and Scallions
- 4 skinless cod fillets, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 scallions, green parts cut into 3-inch lengths
In a large skillet, combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger.
Season both sides of 4 skinless cod fillets (6 to 8 ounces each) with coarse salt and ground pepper; place in skillet with vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover; cook until fish is almost opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut green parts of 6 scallions into 3-inch lengths; thinly slice lengthwise. Scatter over fish; cook (covered) until fish is opaque throughout and scallions are just wilted, about 2 minutes more.
SourceEveryday Food, October