Zucchini with Lemon and Thyme
This lemony vegetable side dish goes well with roasted or grilled chicken, steak, or fish.
Source: Everyday Food, April 2010
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 more teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
Cut zucchini into large pieces. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half the zucchini and toss to coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown in spots, about 4 minutes. Transfer zucchini to a serving bowl. Repeat with 2 more teaspoons oil and remaining zucchini. Stir batches together and add lemon juice and thye leaves; season with salt and pepper.