Complete any meal with this sweet citrus tart from "Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast."
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, October 2003
- 72 vanilla wafers (from a 12-ounce box)
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
Preheat oven 375 degrees. In a food processor, pulse vanilla wafers until finely ground (to yield 2 cups). Add butter and pulse until crumbs are evenly moistened.
Transfer crumb mixture to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides. Place pan on a baking sheet; bake crust until lightly browned and set, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
In clean food processor, blend ricotta, cream cheese, eggs, granulated sugar, and lemon zest and juice until smooth. Pour into hot crust in pan; bake until filling is set and browned in spots, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Just before serving, dust top of tart with confectioners' sugar, if desired.