Caramelized-Onion Tart with Olives and Anchovies
This tart-pizza dotted with already-made onions and olives takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, December 2009
- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1/2 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup Caramelized Onions
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can or jar (2 ounces) anchovies, drained and separated
- 1/2 cup Nicoise or Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 11-by-16-inch rectangle. Sprinkle cornmeal on a rimmed baking sheet and place dough on top.
Spread onions over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. In a bowl, combine garlic with 1 tablespoon oil; arrange over onions and top with anchovies and olives. Season with salt and pepper. Brush edges of dough with 2 tablespoons oil. (If desired, score into individual servings before baking.) Bake until crust is golden brown and releases easily when a large metal spatula is slid underneath, 9 to 11 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.