Under 30 Minutes
Steak Tostadas with Cilantro Sour Cream
- 4 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese (4 ounces)
- Reserved 2 cups mushrooms and steak, thinly sliced against the grain, from Seared Steak with Roasted Mushrooms and Spinach Salad
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed and patted dry
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place tortillas on sheet (it's fine if they overlap); sprinkle with cheese. Bake until edges are golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together steak, mushrooms, corn, and scallions; season with salt and pepper. Top tortillas with steak mixture. Bake until warmed through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve tostadas topped with cilantro sour cream and garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.
SourceEveryday Food, December 2008