Pork Chop with Pineapple Salsa
Let some sunshine into your weeknight with skillet-seared pork and a spicy tropical topping.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, December 2008
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno chile (ribs and seeds removed, for less heat), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, onion, jalapeno, honey, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper; set salsa aside.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium. Season pork with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Cook until browned on both sides and opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve pork topped with pineapple salsa.