Under 30 Minutes
Linguine with Spring Vegetables
Get an instant taste of spring with this one-pot pasta. In 20 minutes, you'll have linguine in a silky sauce with crisp-tender asparagus and snap peas.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1 pound asparagus (tough ends removed), cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise (quartered if large) and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas (stem ends trimmed), halved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 4 minutes short of al dente; add asparagus, zucchini, and snap peas. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture, and set aside.
In the same pot, bring cream and butter to a simmer. Toss in pasta mixture and enough pasta water to create a thin sauce (it will thicken as it stands). Season with salt and pepper, and top with tarragon.