Pan-Fried Shrimp with Green Curry Cashew Sauce
You can purchase bottled Thai green curry sauce in most supermarkets, but this recipe proves how quick and easy it is to make your own.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food: Great Food Fast
- 1 slice (1/4 inch thick) peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a food processor, pulse the ginger until finely chopped. Add the 3/4 cup cashews; process until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the yogurt, cilantro, sugar, and curry powder; season with salt. Process until incorporated, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with the remaining cashews.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the shrimp; cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining tablespoon oil and remaining shrimp. Serve the shrimp with the sauce.