Under 30 Minutes
Sauteed Chicken with Tomato Relish and Spinach
When tomatoes and spinach aren't in season, canned and frozen varieties are sound choices -- they're packed fresh, are less expensive, and can be kept on hand.
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon jarred capers, drained
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
In a bowl, stir together tomatoes, parsley, 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, and capers. Season tomato relish with salt and pepper.
Working with one piece at a time, lay chicken flat; holding a sharp knife parallel to work surface, split in half horizontally. Cover with plastic wrap; lightly pound each cutlet with a meat mallet or bottom of a heavy skillet until 1/4 inch thick.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Cook cutlets, in batches, until browned and opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and cover loosely with foil.
To skillet, add spinach; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Top chicken with tomato relish, and serve with spinach.