Chorizo and Potatoes with Roasted Peppers and Egg
This is a hearty breakfast, featuring hard Spanish pork sausage flavored with paprika, known as dried chorizo.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2009
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces dried chorizo, diced medium
- 1 pound new potatoes, boiled, then thickly sliced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chorizo and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes and cook until heated through. Add peppers and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Wipe skillet clean.
In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Working in two batches, add eggs and cook until whites are set and edges are golden and crispy, about 2 minutes. Serve chorizo and potato mixture topped with eggs.