Flank Steak with Lime Marinade
It's very lean, so flank steak requires tenderizing; marinate before cooking, and thinly slice against the grain before serving.
- 1/3 cup (about 4 limes) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions (about 1/3 cup), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- Vegetable oil, for grates
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
In a resealable plastic bag, combine lime juice, soy sauce, scallions, ginger, and red-pepper flakes. Add steak, and seal bag (place in a dish to catch any leaks); marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, up to 1 hour.
Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off (discard marinade); season with salt and black pepper. Place on grill; cover. Cook, turning once, until meat reaches desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly.