Source: Everyday Food, April 2008
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss panko with oil. Bake, tossing once, until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees.
Meanwhile, one at a time, place chops between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or the bottom of a small heavy pan, pound to make 1/4-inch-thick cutlets.
Dividing evenly, coat pork with mustard; season with salt and pepper. One at a time, dip cutlets into panko, pressing firmly to adhere.
Place a rack on a rimmed baking sheet; place pork on rack, and bake, without turning, until opaque throughout, 10 to 15 minutes.