Vietnamese Steak Sandwiches
Use leftover Flank Steak with Lime Marinade to make these super sandwiches.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 hero rolls
- 1 pound sliced Flank Steak with Lime Marinade
In a small bowl, stir together garlic, sugar, red-pepper flakes, vinegar, and water.
In another bowl, toss together carrots, scallions,
and cilantro leaves. Toss with half the vinegar mixture.
Split and lightly toast hero rolls; dividing evenly, layer with carrot mixture and sliced flank steak. Drizzle with remaining vinegar mixture, if desired.