Under 30 Minutes
Chicken, Mushroom, and Cabbage Salad with Soy-Lemon Dressing
This simple, refreshing salad makes excellent use of leftover or rotisserie chicken.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 pound white button or cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 head napa cabbage (about 1 pound), cored and shredded
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 scallion, sliced into thin strips
In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, vegetable oil, sugar, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil, then let cool to room temperature.
Transfer soy mixture to a medium bowl and stir in mushrooms. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms soften, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken, cabbage, radishes, carrot, celery, and mint; toss to combine. Top salad with scallion.