Shells with Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpeas, and Ricotta
The natural nuttiness of cauliflower is brought out when it gets roasted in the oven and then tossed with chickpeas, creamy ricotta, and shell pasta in this easy weeknight dinner option.
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, March 2011
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into florets
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 5 ounces crusty bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1 pound medium shells
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together 2 tablespoons oil, cauliflower, and chickpeas; season with salt and pepper. Arrange cauliflower and chickpeas in a single layer and roast until cauliflower is tender and chickpeas are crunchy, 25 minutes. On another rimmed baking sheet, arrange bread in a single layer and toast until golden and crisp, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add cauliflower mixture, 2 tablespoons oil, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. To serve, top with croutons and ricotta, then drizzle with oil.